Thursday 8 January 2015

Freedom

This blog is not on the subject of mental illness, but on freedom.

As a writer I value the freedom of speech, the freedom of expression, freedom full stop.

The death of the innocent twelve from Charlie Hebdo in Paris on 7th January 2015 and the policewoman on 8th January 2015 have shaken the Western world.  But, in true spirit, the West have united by standing tall, holding hands and expressing our rights.  The cartoons drawn in the wake of the attacks demonstrated this.  The satirical cartoons were both humorous and heart-breaking.

I do not draw cartoons (I cannot draw at all), but I can write.  And no radical will ever take away my freedom, they can never take away our freedom. 


Embedded image permalink

1 comment:

  1. Something that annoys me and, at times, upsets me is the lack of respect people show for one another. I have seen doctors ignore care assistants in a hospital, middle management disgrace retail workers in front of customers and people disrespecting beliefs and life choices of people they have never got to know.Krystal Clean Nail

    ReplyDelete